Gilchrist Recruitment Partnership's client is a top FMCG, brand led organisation based on the outskirts of Glasgow. A new position has arisen within the dynamic Marketing division.
The main aim of this role is to effectively manage and coordinate the central marketing service projects within the marketing department, and to support the Brand Management team and the Marketing Director in their roles. This role is pivotal within the marketing department and seen as one of the key ‘cogs of the big wheel’ that supports the department’s smooth running on a day to day basis, ensuring that marketing KPI’s can be met.
- Management, organisation, and day to day responsibility for trade and consumer facing exhibitions, to be handled within budget and on time. This includes working with incumbent stand suppliers re stand layout; corporate and brand graphics; the coordination of stock lists for the shows; ensuring all stands and stock is at the event on time, and to budget. Attendance at some of the shows will be required and an analysis of each show after the event should be conducted.
- To manage POS. This includes the sourcing of POS materials; sourcing new suppliers; working with existing suppliers; obtaining the best costs without compromising quality, actioning POS brief’s from the Brand Managers. Ensuring delivery of POS is obtained as agreed, within brief, budget & time frame.
- Central administrative management for the Toolkits, year on year including annual implementation of all brand presentations of the Toolkits onto the SharePoint system.
- Ongoing management of all brand and corporate competition entries. Ensuring submissions are on time with regards to registration, payment of registration, stock application, form completion etc. Further to this, we wish the successful applicant to investigate in market competitions and report on the validity of them for our brands portfolio.
- Management of all marketing magazine subscriptions, and thereafter, the organisation and distribution of such publications.
- Minute taking – weekly at NPD meetings and monthly at Sales and Marketing meetings.
- Managing the spend of our retained suppliers (creative, digital, PR etc) which includes the raising of PO’s across the brand portfolio and tracking of such spend on a monthly basis, annually.
- Processing and tracking of all sample requests, inc monitoring sample requests spend against brand budgets.
- Maintaining the Marketing SharePoint area, specifically ‘hi res’ image areas and facilitating enquires from Customer Services & Sales re this area.
- Managing brand web site in-boxes. This involves answering basic questions, finding out the answers to questions or redirecting queries to relevant parties to respond to.
- Co-ordinating all cross brand activity and enquiries ie Providing brand information to internal and external parties where the enquiry is multi-brand or the brand manager is not available.
- Being the central point of contact for the department e.g. routing enquiries as necessary and fielding sales calls (thus freeing up BMs time and providing important central contact for external enquiries)
- Corporate administrative tasks may arise through marketing that should be handled by the Marketing Services Coordinator.
- Manage and own your professional development in order to achieve your work objectives and your career and personal goals.
Scope of Role
- The Marketing Services Coordinator will be required to work as a key team member however also work in isolation on projects within their remit. Support and direction will come from their line Manager, the Marketing Director, Volume Spirits and the Marketing Programme Manager.
- There is no direct budget responsibility, however the successful candidate will be tasked with directly handling budgets, and the spend of some of those budgets, that the Marketing Director is responsible for.
- The successful candidate must therefore show good numeracy skills; be commercially aware / astute; be PC literate; be a good communicator and a team player.
- This role will be office based, however travel within the UK and to International Markets will be required from time to time.
- You will be required to work additional hours as necessitated by the needs of the business.
- Educated to degree level preferably in marketing/business.
- Minimum 1 year's experience in a marketing department / marketing based organisation.
- Analytical and innovative.
- Strong interpersonal, communication & presentation skills.
- Good influencing skills.
- In all probability, you will have your own car / mode of transport due to office location
Salary to £22,000 depending on skills & experience
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS (please read carefully): When applying, please submit your CV in a word format, stating your current salary and notice period. Please also include a covering letter outlining your suitability for this position.
NOTE TO CANDIDATES: We cannot guarantee a reply to your application and will actively contact only those we wish to short list. This is made necessary by the volumes of response we receive. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.